Zepel Fabrics is greatly concerned about the adverse effect of our activities on the environment.
We are committed to embracing all environmental standards such as the Clean Air and Trade Waste Standards nationally.
We are working closely with our textile supply chains so that no harmful substances are present in any significant amounts. Our manufacturers are working towards this goal by adopting recognised "environmentally friendly" working methods such as careful selection of dye-stuffs, optimisation of the dye baths, chlorine free bleaching techniques, low formaldehyde finishing methods and by selecting pesticide and heavy metal free materials.
Zepel Fabrics strives to work with suppliers that adhere to the highest possible environmental standards. One such standard is Oeko-Tex 100 certification. Textiles under this certification:
• do not contain allergenic dye-stuffs that form carcinogenic arylamines of the MAK-groups III
• are tested for pesticides and chlorinated phenoles
• are tested for the release of heavy metals under artificial perspiration conditions
• are free of formaldehyde or containing trace amounts significantly lower than the required legal limits
• are of a pH that is skin friendly
Our new range of commercial fire retardant fabrics, FR-One, has also been granted authorisation according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100 to use the Oeko-Tex mark for FR-One products based on test report 10943 – Fabrics – Piece Dyed Polyester, Yarn Dyed Polyester, based on materials pre-certified according to OekoTex Standard 100.
The majority of Zepel’s range including the new FR-One collection is composed of 100% Polyester FR.
The inherent nature of polyester FR gives these ranges the following washing and eco-friendly characteristics:
· requires less water
· lower temperature and therefore lower energy costs
· lower water absorption and higher dehydration reducing drying costs.
· lower maintenance costs (less cleaning agents to be used) and higher durability.
Compared to cotton textiles, these characteristics significantly reduce cleaning/laundry costs and water usage.
Zepel Fabrics strives to only use suppliers whose yarns are not produced in third world countries and that exercise socially responsible and ethical practices.